Recipe type: Main
- 8 green or red bell, peppers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ lb. ground beef
- good sized onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ grated cheese (I prefer Romano here)
- ¼ cup Italian chopped Italian parsley
- Wash the peppers and cut the top about ½ inches below the stem. Remove any seeds and stems from the inside. Set aside, and begin heating olive oil in a good sized skillet. Add the beef and the onion to the skillet and cook over medium flame until the beef is slightly browned. Don’t overcook.
- Remove to a large pot and add all the remaining ingredients saving some bread crumbs and grated cheese to sprinkle over the top. Arrange peppers in a greased baking dish, Stuff the peppers with the mix and sprinkle some grated cheese and bread crumbs on top. Drizzle with olive oil and
- bake the peppers in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until they are tender. Tip – You may want to parboil the peppers 5 minutes before stuffing.