Last night I was making a few additions to my latest Ebook (“The Mediterranean Diet for Weight Loss – Gracie’s Guide to Healthy Italian Meals”) when I came across my quick and easy salmon recipe. I love this recipe and decided to prepare it for dinner last night.
I try and eat seafood at least twice a week, so it is not unusual for me to have some salmon in the fridge ready for cooking. This recipe incorporates the exact diet plan I have mapped out for myself with my New Year’s resolution. By the way, since the first of the year, I am down 11 pounds, and it is all due to a diet plan that follows traditional Mediterranean eating habits and lifestyle.
Here is the recipe For Quick and Easy Salmon:
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing (I make my own with equal parts balsamic vinegar, olive oil, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 medium orange
- 2 tsp. orange zest or zest from orange peel
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 to 8 cups spinach leaves
- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- 1 red onion
- 1 can (16oz.) cannellini or red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and section orange and if using the zest from the peel grate enough and set aside.
Arrange salmon in 8 inch baking dish. Combine Balsamic Vinaigrette with orange zest and chopped garlic in a separate bowl. Brush salmon with the dressing mixture and bake for 12 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily. Reserve some of the dressing for the finishing touch.
Arrange spinach or romaine and onion on a serving dish, top with orange and beans, then arrange salmon and pine nuts on top. Just before serving drizzle with the remaining dressing.
There you have it. The dish looks and taste great and what is even more important is that you have combined, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seafood in one simple meal. All the foods representative of a true Mediterranean diet plan.
- 5 Great Dishes for that Mediterranean Diet (photos.mercurynews.com)
- seared salmon with cilantro lime sauce (thespicystiletto.com)
- Maple Soy Salmon with Roast Cauliflower (deliciousonadollar.com)
- Recipe: Lemon Pepper Salmon & Veggie Medley (rockyourdayfit.com)
- Wild Alaskan Salmon with Ginger Soy Dressing and Orange Chili Pasta (foodandmuzik.wordpress.com)
- Cooking 101 | Ease your appetite into spring with Grilled Asian Salmon (kansascity.com)
What’s New At Gracie’s Italian Wine Review: