Here is a recipe I’m trying tonight, Pork Tacos with Black Beans. Lots of good ingredients, a break from the veggie, seafood dishes we been eating with the Mediterranean Diet, healthy and fairly easy to make. Count on 20 minutes of prep time and 10 minutes of cook time, serves four (4).
Recipe is courtesy of Food Network Magazine.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add half of the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Add the beans and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the cheese and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, the remaining garlic, half of the red onion, the cumin, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the pork is browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the skillet. Add the bell pepper, zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until crisp-tender, about3 minutes. Return the pork to the skillet; add a splash of water, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the tortillas with the pork and vegetable mixture. Serve with the beans. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped onion.
Per serving: Calories 616; Fat 38 g (Saturated 12 g); Cholesterol 89 mg; Sodium 596 mg; Carbohydrate 39 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 33 g
Break out a bottle of Prosecco with this dish
- Pork Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa (foodiegirlchicago.wordpress.com)
- 10 Bean Pork Fillet (stewpeasnrice.wordpress.com)
- Pork Tacos with Homemade Tortillas and Lime (stylemepretty.com)
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos with Cilantro-Lime Salsa (dayton.mom-spot.com)
- Jägermeister-Caramel Glazed and Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Vidalia Crisps (okramagazine.org)