Manicotti: Home made goodness and easier than you think.
Recipe type: Main
Manicotti are so good when home made.
- The Crepes:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- The Filling:
- 1½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese. If you can find fresh ricotta, go for it.
- ½ pound shredded or diced mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The Crepes:
- Beat the flour, eggs and water (you may need a bit more water) to make a batter. Pour a small amount of batter in a greased 9-inch frying pan under low heat. Make sure the batter covers the entire pan. Cook until the crepe can be easily removed from the pan. The top should still be moist. Lay the crepe flat and continue until all the batter is used up. You should have enough for 10 crepes.
- The Manicotti:
- Mix all your ingredients together in a bowl. When you have a nice consistency, spoon evenly into the center of a crepe and spread out using your spoon. Roll the crepes and pinch the ends to seal. Lay the crepes in a glass baking dish that has an even layer of sauce on the bottom.
- Spoon the rest of your sauce over the top and cook in a preheated 325-degree over to 25 minutes. Remember these are fresh and will cook quickly, so check on them. I sometimes lay a little parmesan over the top as well.