Eggplant Rollatini: Make this one time and they will be asking for it again and again.
Recipe type: Appetizer, Meal
Cut these Rollatini's in half and serve as a appetizer.
- 1½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese.
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tsp. nutmeg powder
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lay eggplant cutlets on a large cookie sheet or low baking pan. Heat the cutlets in the oven just long enough to take out the chill and warm up. Remember the cutlets were either frozen or in the fridge, as they were made in advance. (See recipe for Eggplant Parm.)
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella, grated cheese, egg, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. When the cutlets are ready, place a large spoonful of the mixture on each and spread out using a butter knife. Roll the cutlets up and place a toothpick to keep secure. Arrange the rolls in a lightly oiled baking dish and cook in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Optional, but for me the only way, cover the rolls with gravy and mozzarella and make sure the mozzarella melts over the top.