If you been following this blog for any length of time now you know we’re looking for some different ideas on Pasta dishes for our next EBook. This Baked Spaghetti with Pepperoni recipe just came in and looks like a winner!
Our next Amazon Kindle EBook is still in the works but should be out just around the time that the tulips and daffodils start to bloom. Then again, with all this Polar Vortex weather we been getting, it will be a wonder if anything survived this winter.
Remember, the fist 10 recipes we receive will be included in the EBook and all ten contributors will receive a bottle of Sicilian Olive Oil. We have received 4 to date!
Here’s our latest entry – Baked Spaghetti with Pepperoni:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (26 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 lb spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 3/4 C milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (5 oz) pkg sliced pepperoni
- 1 1/2 C shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place a large pot of water over high heat.
- Bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil spaghetti until al denté.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place ground chuck in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook until meat is browned being sure to crumble the meat.
- Add the pasta sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Stir until well combined.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the eggs and milk in a large bowl and blend.
- Place the spaghetti in the egg mixture and toss to cover.
- Lightly spray a large baking dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place half of the meat sauce over the top of the spaghetti.
- Repeat for another layer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top the casserole with the pepperoni and 2 cheeses.
- Continue to bake another 15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted.
My Tip: Is it just me or is this dish calling for some fresh Ricotta cheese? I would add the Ricotta when I add the spaghetti to the egg mixture. About a cup sounds about right!
This recipe came to us from our friends at Yummyplr.com. If you have a food blog or website and sometimes need content, do yourself a favor and check them out. Click Here for instant access!
OH, By the way. The image at the top of the page is one of six finalist for our Spaghetti Book Cover. The next five post will feature the other finalist. I would really appreciate your input. You can see all six at out FaceBook Fan page and vote there as well.
The Gracie’s Italian Living Series is now available as a complete set. The First Three Books in the series are:
7 Days of Italian Cooking – Gracie’s Guide to Everyday Meals
Gracie’s Christmas Eve Recipe Book – Night of the 7 Fishes
The Mediterranean Diet Recipe Book – Gracie’s guide to Healthy Meals